Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A day trip to Bratislava!


I feel so blessed for being able to reach so many wonderful places at a stone's throw from Vienna. 

For the sake of honesty, I have to say that although I really liked Bratislava, it's not a huge capital in which you can never get bored. The old part (pictured up and below) is beautiful but it isn't that big. Meanwhile, the rest of the city in my opinion is not something you should go out of your way to visit. 

However, for a day trip it's the perfect destination!  



Our trip consisted of catching a bus from Vienna to Bratislava, and spending the whole day in the old part, just eating goulash* and the most delicious brownie <3!
I wish I had written down the names of the places we ate in because for me they were truly blog-worthy. Both of them where in the old part of the city and I assure you that if you take a walk, you will find many places such as these!

*A wonderful hungarian stew that can be made from various meats although it's typically supposed to be pork. You can find it almost everywhere in central Europe.

I think Bratislava is one of those cities in which you need to just walk around and bask in traditions, eat typical food 
and explore!


Have you been to Bratislava? Did you like it? If not, would you consider visiting?

<3 
M.


No comments:

Post a Comment