Friday, February 14, 2014

Review: theBalm Mary Lou Manizer



I'm like a magpie, I like shiny things, which is why I love highlighters. Another reason to love them is that they can truly transform your face, from dull to goddess status in just under a minute.

Previously, I used the Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance (quite a mouthful!) in Rose Gold, which I really liked, but not loved, because it was quite patchy. But over all, I'd give it an 8/10. 
However, I decided to try a new highlighter I'd heard lots of rave reviews about: 

theBalm Mary Lou Manizer


The packaging is a plastic compact with a big mirror inside, with a very cute and vintage-y feeling on the outside. It's quite a handy packaging, because it's light but doesn't lack product: 8.5 g (or) 0.3 OZ


It's a very pigmented powder highlighter, that is champagne-gold in colour. In comparison to the Jemma Kidd All Over Radiance in Rose Gold, this is a lighter gold, meanwhile Jemma Kidd's* was more bronze, which means that this looks really nice on all sorts of complexions year-round and Jemma Kidd's did look a bit off in pale complexions (like mine) in the middle of the winter.

(*Jemma Kidd's makeup line is not available anymore, 
but you can still find their products on some websites)

The texture is soft and buttery for a powder, which means that you don't HAVE to use a brush with this, and your fingers will be enough to apply this when you're in a rush. 
This things is crazily pigmented, because I barely touched it and I was left with a lot of gold shimmer on the tips of my fingers.  Another positive aspect about this: you barely need any product to highlight your face, which means this will last you a very long time.


You can use it on: your cupid's bow (upper lip), under your brows, on the top of your cheeks, the inner corners of your eyes, down your nose... Or even, use it like a normal eyeshadow if that's your thing. 


Price: I bought mine for 20.80€ (=28$) from FeelUnique, but in the official US website of theBalm it's 24$ (=17.5€) So you guys from the US will buy it at a lower price (as it happens with most products anyway...)

In terms of price per product, I don't have another powder highlighter to compare it to at the moment, but I highly recommend you to buy it, because as I've said before, the product you need is minimal to achieve beautiful results.

Final score: 10/10


<3
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment