Thursday, July 19, 2012

NY/US Haul

My mother went to New York last week (she's an air hostess) so I asked her to please bring home some things that we can't buy in Spain or that are very difficult to get. It's a little haul, I wish I had asked her for more things that I had forgotten, but when you have the chance, you tend to forget all those things you wanted to buy.

So here are the products she bought for me in the US:

1. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Lovesick and Sweetheart
Top: Sweetheart, Bottom: Lovesick

Top: Lovesick; Bottom: Sweetheart

I really love these!
They give a HUGE punch of colour, even if they're supposed to be balms, they're not like the Clinique Chubby Sticks, because these also leave a very strong stain behind, which stays on for the rest of the day. It has a peppermint smell and taste at the beginning, but once you have it on for more than 5 minutes, it's gone, so don't worry about it too much. They are really soft and buttery, so they won't dry out your lips.

I have "Sweetheart" (a very bright, warm toned pink that really suits my warm skin tones) and "Lovesick" (a more cool-toned pink, mauvey even, that works for a more natural look but adds that pop of colour that makes me look polished.)

I deeply regret not asking her to buy me Rendezvous, even if it's a very bright orange, in summer you can pull that off. I just wanted to be safe and ask for colours I knew I'd definitely wear. 

On my lips: Sweetheart

On my lips: Lovesick

2. MAC Impassioned

MAC Impassioned

If you love bright lipsticks like I do, be sure to check this one out, because it has blown my mind! It's the perfect hot pink with a hint of coral/orangey tones, which makes my eyes pop and is great for summer, but it will definitely be my go-to in winter too! 

It's an Amplified type of lipstick, which means it's a strong colour and not sheer at all, but it is creamy and not matte and drying. I really love the finish, and you can blot it so that you get a more matte finish too! 
(& I LOVE the scent of MAC lipsticks!)

MAC is available in Spain, don't get me wrong, but so often they are out of stock, and they receive items every now and then, so it was easier to get it from the US.

On my lips: Impassioned

3. NARS Soft Touch Eyeshadow Pencil in Celebrate 

NARS Celebrate

I have a thing for bright makeup, and I definitely never wear two bright things at the same time, but if I wear a nude lip, what's better than a very bright eyeliner? 

This chartreuse liner is BEAUTIFUL, definitely makes green eyes pop, and I use it to line the waterline too, which I just tried yesterday (sorry, not on the picture below), and it's just the best look for a summer night! It's very soft, and yet very pigmented, and doesn't seem to move once on the lid, although I have "Aigle Noir" and that DOES move sometimes. So wear primer, just in case! 

I'd pair this with a bit of black eyeliner in the top waterline to make the eyelashes stand out more, and some black mascara (I'm not a huge fan of fake eyelashes). 

As with MAC, NARS is also available in Spain, but this eye pencil was out of stock. 





Celebrate, on my eyelid. 
(Sorry for the blurry picture, I was unable to make my camera focus at such a short distance)

I really hoped you like these products, and I definitely recommend all of them, because there's not one of them which has disappointed me, and especially if you can get hold of the Revlon Just Bitten balms, you'll be glad you did, really! 

Love,
Maria.










No comments:

Post a Comment